WHW offers a full array of Employment Readiness services to job seekers focused on equipping you to be the most marketable candidate for the job you seek. WHW staff and volunteers provide comprehensive employment solutions, walking the journey with you and ensuring that you get the skills and resources you need to be successful in your job search:
- Learn to conduct an effective job search in our Employment Readiness Workshops
- Build your Computer and Online Networking Skills in our Computer Training Classes
- Find opportunities that fit your skills through WHW Job Placement Assistance
- Continue your professional development through our Employment Retention Support
- Make a great first impression with Professional Styling and Interview Appropriate Apparel
- Reach back and help another job seeker by being a part of WHW’s Pay It Forward Program
WHW provides a list of local job and career fairs and other events that offer opportunities for job seekers to be in front of companies who are looking to hire qualified candidates.
Click Here for a List of Upcoming Events
“My Next Move” is a valuable online tool that assists job seekers in identifying their passion,
talents and skills and learning more about their career options: My Next Move – English
“Mi próximo paso” es una valiosa herramienta en línea que ayuda a personas que buscan
trabajo en la identificación de su pasión, talentos y habilidades y aprender más sobre sus
opciones de carrera: Mi Proximo Paso – Espanol
The “O*NET Interest Profiler” helps you decide what kinds of careers you might want to
explore: Interest Profiler – English
El ‘O*NET interés Profiler’ ayuda a decidir qué tipos de carreras que querrías
explorar: Interes Profiler – Espanol
Meta-search job posting sites such as the two below help you organize your job search
and save you countless hours of research as these sites pull from various websites such
as Monster, Career Builder, etc.
For local California specific job postings you can search: JobStar
For all job postings, you can search: Indeed
Salary Negotiation Assistance
Labor Market and Unemployment Benefits Information
Job seekers who are currently participating in WHW’s Employment Readiness programs are eligible to qualify for WHW’s Transportation Services. If you are a current WHW Client and would like more information about the mobility program, please check with a WHW staff member.
- What Are Your Weaknesses?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want To Work Here?
- What Are Your Goals?
- Why Did You Leave (Or Why Are You Leaving) Your Job?
- When Were You Most Satisfied in Your Job?
- What Can You Do For Us That Other Candidates Can’t?
- What Are 3 Positive Things Your Last Boss Would Say About You?
- What Salary Are You Seeking?
- Tell Me About Yourself.