Click Event Title to see the complete Photo Album.
Supporters and friends, both new and old gathered early on Friday, October 5th at the Center Club in Costa Mesa for WHW’s Annual Employment Breakfast. The fundraiser supports the mission and the over 10,000 Job Seekers served each year in WHW’s Employment Readiness Programs. The morning included a delicious breakfast, an inspirational keynote by Charles Antis, Founder and CEO of Antis Roofing & Waterproofing and the premiere of WHW’s newest video. Big thanks to event sponsors Bascom Group, Buchalter and AAA Automobile Club and to all those who got up just a bit earlier to help Empower Employment Success!
WHW was thrilled to be one of three featured charities supported by the Aliso Viejo Country Club’s Annual Charity Classic Golf Tournament and Gala! The sold out Golf Tournament held on a Friday included 144 golfers who took the time to learn more about WHW and unemployment in Orange County at Hole #4. After a day of golf, guests enjoyed a full Silent Auction, Live Auction and Barbecue Lunch. Then everyone returned on Saturday evening for the sold out Country Western themed Gala! The “Denim and Diamonds” event included another opportunity for guests to learn about WHW, a Silent Auction, Dinner, Live Auction, Line Dancing and lots of fun country music. It was a full weekend of supporting the mission and job seekers of WHW by Empowering Employment Success!
WHW and PIMCO Project Interview – August 2018
Long time WHW supporters, PIMCO and PIMCO Foundation once again hosted WHW Job Seekers at an exclusive Resume Writing and Interview Skills Workshop at their office in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. The afternoon included an engaging panel discussion on what it takes to get the job you want, one on one resume assistance and mock interviews with immediate feedback. This was an inspiring opportunity for WHW Job Seekers who had the chance to test their resume and interview skills in a real world setting.
WHW and Google Project Interview – June 2018
Irvine based Google hosted a fun and informative Project Interview for WHW Job Seekers. The day consisted of a panel discussion, mock interviews, a fun lunch in the employee cafeteria and then a “behind the scene” tour of Google. It was an inspiring day of Empowering Employment Success for both Job Seekers and Volunteers!
WHW Club 259 Members and Guests gathered to celebrate the impact their financial support has made on local job seekers and their journey to employment. Attendees enjoyed wine and an assortment of appetizers during the intimate reception at the Hotel Irvine Red Bar. One successful WHW Job Seeker shared her experience, reminding everyone just how difficult the journey to employment can be. It was a fun and inspirational evening!
The South Orange County chapter of PIHRA (Professionals in Human Resources Association), the largest chapter of PIHRA in the nation, held a Wine and Cheese Mixer at WHW to introduce their members to WHW’s mission of empowering the unemployed and underemployed to get and keep good jobs. Attendees enjoyed food, good wine and networking. They also learned about WHW, received tours of the facility, shopped at WHW’s Deja New Retail Store and then had the opportunity to sign up as WHW Volunteers. The chapter is committed to support organizations that provide Orange County residents entry or reentry into the workforce, that enable the success of members of the workforce or provide career readiness for those aspiring to enter the workforce. Since 2011 they have dedicated their Annual Summer Social in the month of August to bring awareness to a non-profit organization, with presence in Orange County, and their mission. This year, WHW is honored to be the beneficiary of that event!
Long time WHW Supporter, Deloitte, spent their 19th Annual Impact Day providing WHW Job Seekers with some of the skills and resources they need to get and keep good jobs. After an interactive panel and small group discussion about Professional Fears, the group enjoyed a fun lunch. Then Deloitte Volunteers worked with Job Seekers to improve their resumes and help build more effective interview skills. Both Volunteers and Job Seekers agreed that it was truly a day of making an impact!
WHW recently partnered with the Dad’s Matter program to empower 13 Job Seekers to be successful in their job search. The ‘Dads Matter’ program provides fathers and father figures living in Orange County with vital tools, resources and support to strengthen family bonds. Each Job Seeker was paired with a male executive to guide them on how to wear a suit and how to present themselves professionally. They also had the opportunity to participate in an interactive workshop on Goal Setting facilitated by Ezra Leyton. Participants felt that this transformative experience was just what they needed to give them the confidence to get and keep a good job so they can take good care of their families!
On Saturday, April 7th, WHW supporters, donors, volunteers and guests gathered together to celebrate 25 Iconic Years of Empowering Employment Success! This year’s Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show went Hollywood including red carpet photos and an outdoor ocean-view Martini Reception, Silent Auction and Wine Pull. With décor provided by Freeman, complimentary Martinis sponsored by Spa Girl Cocktails, over 100 Silent Auction selections and 250 bottles of Mystery Wine, guests mingled and toasted the impact of serving over 90,000 job seekers at no charge since 1993. When the ballroom opened, guests were treated to a program that included a gourmet luncheon, a video about WHW’s work in the community, a touching testimony from a WHW Job Seeker, a moving call to action, a lively live auction and a fashion show that featured black, white and silver fashions from WHW’s Deja New. Thanks to event sponsors: Capital Group, 24 Hours Home Care, Antis Roofing and Waterproofing, The Bascom Group, First Bank, Neal Family Foundation, UPS, US Bank and Wells Fargo, Pacific Western Bank, Concordia University, Stifel, Union Bank and JP Morgan Chase, underwriters: Freeman, Spa Girls Cocktails, B2B CFO, Tarbell Realtors, Elite Court Reporting, PIMCO and the Orange County Register, and a host of volunteers, WHW raised over $225,000 to continue the mission of providing the unemployed and underemployed the skills and resources they need to get and keep a good job!
For the 8th year in a row, Southern California law firms and legal groups came together during the month of March to host clothing drives in support of Orange County’s challenged Job Seekers. Thanks to the efforts of Honorary Chair Ron Brand of The Brand Law Group, over 70 firms sponsored and participated in the annual campaign. “Suits for a Cause” was created to support the mission of WHW and this year provided over 500 Suits and thousands of pieces of business and casual attire and accessories. The success of the event was celebrated at a Luncheon Reception sponsored by Skorheim and hosted by the Orange County Bar Association in Newport Beach. Lunch attendees enjoyed learning more about the impact of their partnership with WHW and received Certificates of Appreciation. Keynote Speaker, Associate Justice Eileen C. Moore delivered a fascinating presentation on how issues involving women have evolved in the nation’s highest court and how the movie industry has portrayed women at the same time. It was an inspiring and impactful afternoon for everyone!
WHW celebrated Women’s History Month by hosting Smart and Sophisticated Day, a full day of employment readiness training, professional styling and individual support for 26 Job Seekers in transition. The morning was kicked off with breakfast and an impactful and inspirational presentation on Personal Branding. With the assistance of volunteers from WIN (Women’s Inclusion Network) of PepsiCo, each Job Seeker was then provided with professional clothing, accessories and foundation garments provided by Smart & Sexy. After a delicious lunch, the Job Seekers participated in Interview Training and learned how to answer some of the tough interview questions. Everyone agreed that it was the perfect way to celebrate the month! One Job Seeker wrote, “Thank you for helping to empower us as women and for giving us valuable tools to launch us forward on our new positive path of life, success and happiness. WHW provides an amazing wealth of knowledge, support and strength!”
WHW supporters gathered for a Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony celebrating WHW’s new facility in Irvine and 25 Years of Empowering Employment Success! Guests toured the new facility, enjoyed wine and appetizers and shopping at WHW’s Retail Shop, Deja New. The Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce, the Mayor’s office and District Representatives were on hand to congratulate the organization for its accomplishments and officially welcome WHW to the neighborhood as the red ribbon was cut. It was a fun and celebratory event in support of WHW’s mission, to empower job seekers to get and keep a good job!
WHW invited those generous donors who financially supported our recent relocation to Irvine to come for an exclusive VIP Tour of the new facility. Guests enjoyed wine, refreshments, fun photos and shopping at WHW’s Retail Shop, Deja New. All donors will be recognized on the Next Level Recognition Wall, which is expected to be unveiled next month. It was a fun and lively evening of celebration and reflection as to just how far WHW has come in 25 years!
WHW’s Deja New Grand Opening – January 2018
Big thanks to all the volunteers and shoppers who came out to help us officially open WHW’s Deja New Retail Store at our new space in Irvine! Shoppers, who started lining up 2 hours before the store opened were not disappointed with all the unbelievable deals! Deja New is open every Thursday and Friday from 11am to 2pm and every Saturday from 9am to 4pm. With designer and name brand clothing for men and women at unbelievable prices and all clearance items $5 and under, shopping for a cause never felt so good!
WHW Club 259 Members and Guests gathered last evening to learn more about the impact their financial support has made on local job seekers and their journey to employment. Attendees enjoyed wine and an assortment of appetizers during the intimate reception at the Center Club in Costa Mesa. One successful WHW Job Seeker shared her experience, reminding everyone just how critical the need continues to be. It was a fun and inspirational evening and a great way to start off a new year of Empowering Employment Success!
WHW and Dad's Matter - December 2017
WHW Saturday Sale - October 2017
WHW's Annual Employment Breakfast - October 2017
WHW's Club 259 Reception - August 2017
WHW Saturday Sale - July 2017
WHW and PIMCO Project Interview - July 2017
WHW and Deloitte Impact Day - June 2017
WHW's 7th Annual Boys2Men - May 2017
WHW Ain't No Mountain High Enough Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show - May 2017
WHW Saturday Sale - April 2017
WHW Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon - April 2017
WHW Suits for a Cause Breakfast Reception - March 2017
WHW Smart & Sophisticated Day - March 2017
WHW Saturday Sale - January 2017
WHW's Club 259 Reception - January 2017
WHW's New Year - New Connections - January 2017
- WHW’s Saturday Sale – October 2016
- WHW’s Annual Employment Breakfast – October 2016
- WHW’s Saturday Sale – July 2016
- WHW’s 6th Annual Boys2Men – June 2016
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2016
- WHW Employment and Beyond Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show – April 2016
- WHW Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon – March 2016
- WHW Hope Builders Day of Transformation – March 2016
- WHW New Year, New Connections – February 2016
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2016
- WHW Hope Builders Day of Transformation – January 2016
- WHW Value Veterans Day – November 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – November 2015
- WHW Annual Employment Breakfast – October 2015
- WHW Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – September 2015
- WHW’s Poised for Success – August 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2015
- WHW’s 5th Annual Boys2Men – June 2015
- WHW “Happy Days, I Got The Job!” Luncheon and Fashion Show – May 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – April 2015
- Walk United 2015 – April 2015
- WHW’s Smart and Sophisticated Day – March 2015
- The Magic of Volunteering at WHW – March 2015
- A Valentine’s Day to Remember – February 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2015
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – January 2015
- WHW Value Veterans Day – November 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – October 2014
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2014
- WHW’s Club259 Reception – September 2014
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – September 2014
- Poised for Success – August 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2014
- Walk United 2014 – June 2014
- Suits for a Cause Lunch Reception – June 2014
- 4th Annual Boys2Men Event – May 2014
- WomanSage at WHW – May 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2014
- WHW’s Mission Possible Luncheon and Fashion Show – April 2014
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – April 2014
- WHW Belle of the Ball Celebration Barbecue – April 2014
- WHW Mission Possible Sponsor Appreciation Luncheon – March 2014
- WHW’s Smart and Sexy Day – March 2014
- WHW’s Déjà New VIP Shopping Night – March 2014
- Belle of the Ball – March 2014
- WHW Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2014
- Taller San Jose Transformation – December 2013
- WHW Staff Holiday Party – December 2013
- Agency Appreciation Affair – November 2013
- Value Veterans Day – November 2013
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – October 2013
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2013
- Taller San Jose Transformation – August 2013
- Poised for Success – July 2013
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2013
- HB WaveCresters Annual Fundraiser featuring Déjà New Fashion Show – July 2013
- Independence Bank Barbecue Celebration – July 2013
- Boys2Men – June 2013
- Suits for a Cause Breakfast Reception – June 2013
- WHW Celebrates 20 Years Party – June 2013
- Walk United 2013 – June 2013
- Girls Inc. Day – May 2013
- Corporate Partner Cupcake and Champagne Reception – May 2013
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – April 2013
- WHW Two Martini Lunch and Fashion Show – April 2013
- Belle of the Ball – March 2013
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2013
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – February 2013
- South Coast Plaza Holiday Event in Support of WHW – December 2012
- Little Black Dress – November 2012
- Dance Central Challenge for Charity – October 2012
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2012
- Club259 Wine Wednesday – September 2012
- Tustin Chamber of Commerce Open House and Ribbon Cutting – August 2012
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2012
- Déjà New Fashion Show – July 2012
- Independence Bank Celebration featuring WHW – July 2012
- Suits for a Cause – June 2012
- Walk United – June 2012
- Boys2Men – June 2012
- Employment Leader Awards Gala – April 2012
- Belle of the Ball – March 2012
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2012