Click Event Title to see the complete Photo Album.
Big thanks to every volunteer and shopper who came out on Saturday in support of local Job Seekers and help raise almost $17,000 for the mission of WHW! It was perfect shopping weather with eager bargain hunters lined up as early as 6:30 am and volunteers on hand to do everything from gather hangers to oversee dressing rooms and help bag items. This WHW Social Enterprise is a critical part of the organization’s fund raising efforts with every dollar helping to provide services to thousands of job seekers each year at no charge.
Supporters and friends, both new and old gathered early Friday, October 13th for WHW’s Annual Employment Breakfast. The annual fundraiser supports the mission and the over 8,000 Job Seekers served each year. The event, which was held at the Center Club in Costa Mesa, included a delicious breakfast, a funny and inspirational keynote by Dennis Kuhl, President of Angels Baseball, the premiere of WHW’s newest video and a moving testimonial by a WHW Job Seeker. Big thanks to our event sponsor Buchalter and to all those who got up just a bit earlier to help Empower Employment Success!
WHW Club 259 Members gathered at the Center Club in Costa Mesa for a reception to celebrate the over 8,000 Job Seekers that were served by WHW in 2016-2017! Club 259 is an annual donation circle that allows donors to support the journey of a job seeker for every $259 they contribute each year. The lively group had the opportunity to mix, mingle, enjoy wine and appetizers and hear from two Job Seekers who were directly affected by their investment in the mission of putting people to work. It was a fun and inspiring evening of Empowering Employment Success! For more information or to join WHW’s Club 259, please visit: www.whw.org/club259.
WHW Volunteers and Supporters were out bright and early on July 29th in support of WHW’s mission, raising over $15,000 to help put people to work! Volunteers did everything from separating hangers to overseeing dressing rooms as shoppers shopped for a cause. It was an empowering morning as the community came together in support of local job seekers!
Long time WHW supporters, PIMCO and PIMCO Foundation, hosted WHW Job Seekers at an exclusive Resume Writing and Interview Skills Workshop at their office in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. PIMCO rolled out the red carpet, including an engaging panel discussion on what it takes to get the job you want, small group discussion, one on one resume assistance and mock interviews with immediate feedback. This was a priceless opportunity for WHW Job Seekers who had the chance to test their resume and interview skills in a real world setting. Big thanks to PIMCO for empowering local job seekers and for making a generous investment in their futures!
Long time WHW Supporter, Deloitte, spent their 18th Annual Impact Day providing WHW Job Seekers with some of the skills and resources they need to get and keep good jobs. Volunteers helped Job Seekers develop effective resumes, improve their interview skills and learn what it means to dress professionally. The group from Deloitte also hosted a fun lunch for the Job Seekers and spent time sharing some of their own stories. It was a day of #makingadifference!
WHW’s 7th Annual Boys2Men was held on Saturday, May 20th in partnership with Orangewood Foundation. Thanks to the Bascom Group, who has sponsored the event for the last five years, 30 young men recently and soon-to-be emancipated from Foster Care participated in a day of Empowerment that included breakfast, inspirational presentations, an interactive employment readiness workshop and mock interviews. The highlight of the event was the time that each young man spent with a volunteer executive who acted as personal stylist and mentor-for-the-day providing some much needed man to man time and helped them to select a new suit and all the accessories. Each young man also received a grooming kit donated by Eagle Scout, Jake Watson.
This year’s event, which has grown each year, included a catered networking lunch sponsored by Kelley Blue Book. Five employers who attended the lunch came armed with available jobs: First Bank, Eastridge Workforce Solutions, Apartment Management Consultants, Allied Universal Security and MVP Staffing. The hope is that the Boys2Men event and time spent with successful businessmen and interviewing with potential employers will plant seeds of encouragement and inspiration for these boys who will need to become men very quickly.
In California 65% of foster youth emancipate without a place to live, 51% are unemployed within 2-4 years of emancipation and 70% of all state prison inmates were in foster care. WHW’s Boys2Men event was created to assist at-risk youth by providing tools, skills and resources to assist them in obtaining gainful employment during a critical point in their lives.
It was a sold out crowd at WHW’s Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show presented by Motown Sponsor, UPS, on Saturday, May 6th proving that “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” to Empower Employment Success! The event, which was back dropped by the stunning views of Newport Coast, was held at the Resort at Pelican Hill. Guests sipped on Spa Girl Martinis underwritten by Spa Girl Cocktails and snapped their fingers to their favorite Motown songs as they bid on hundreds of Silent Auction items and bottles of wine in the 160-bottle Wine Pull. Upon entering the Ballroom, guests were transformed to the Motown era thanks to the spectacular décor underwritten by Freeman and the lovely acapella voices of the Never Too Late Quartet. Amidst giant records and lavish backdrops guests enjoyed lunch, pledged their support for over 200 job seekers and bid generously on five exciting live auction packages before being entertained by a compilation of Motown classics accompanied by a dance-filled fashion show featuring WHW’s Deja New fashions. The afternoon, also sponsored by Temptation Sponsor Capital Group, and Supreme Sponsors First Bank, Premier Business Centers, Commerce West Bank and the Neal Family Foundation ended with a rousing finale and a heartfelt thank you for the nearly $200,000 raised from WHW CEO, Janie Best, who reminded everyone to never forget that “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough!”
Hundreds and hundreds of eager shoppers came ready to shop for a cause at WHW’s Saturday Sale on April 22nd! Thanks to awesome volunteers who did everything from collect hangers to bag purchases, WHW raised over $16,000 in four hours to support the mission of putting people to work! It was a awesome morning of Empowering Employment Success!
WHW has the best Volunteers in Orange County and spent an afternoon celebrating them at a fun orange-themed appreciation luncheon at the Center Club in Costa Mesa. Guest enjoyed a festive time of cheer, hugs, thank-you’s and a whole lot of orange. Special presentations were made to Kyle Rowen, Pacific Life and Marcelle Capps, who were named the Board/Fundraising, Corporate and Program Volunteers of the Year. Each volunteer received a Certificate of Appreciation, an orange WHW mug filled with goodies and heart felt appreciation for the impact their over 25,000 hours of services made to almost 10,000 Job Seekers in 2016! WHW does indeed have the BEST VOLUNTEERS in ORANGE COUNTY!
Southern California law firms and legal groups came together during the month of March to host clothing drives in support of Orange County’s challenged Job Seekers. Providing thousands of pieces of business attire and accessories, “Suits for a Cause” was created to give job seekers who lacked resources clothing appropriate for interviews and to help boost the confidence of those who are seeking to become economically self-sufficient. Big thanks to Ron Brand of Jackson Tidus who was Honorary Chair of this year’s campaign, which was celebrated at a Breakfast Reception sponsored by Aptus Court Reporting and hosted by the Orange County Bar Association. Breakfast attendees enjoyed learning more about the impact of their partnership with WHW and received Certificates of Appreciation. It was an inspiring morning for everyone!
Smart & Sophisticated Day at WHW, which was sponsored by Smart & Sexy, provided 20 Job Seekers with a workshop on Developing a Professional Style, Professional Apparel and Accessories, Interview Training, Lunch, Goodie Bags and a brand new Smart & Sexy Bra! Our Volunteers from Pepsi’s Women’s Inclusion Network were awesome! The best part is that every Job Seeker left feeling confident and interview-ready!
It could not have been a more beautiful day for WHW Volunteers, Shoppers and Supporters who were out in full force on January 28th for a morning of Shopping for a Cause and Empowering Employment Success. Thanks to an amazing group of volunteers who did all the preparation and who showed up on sale day to do everything from rubber band hangers to bag purchases, WHW raised just under $16,000 in four hours! It was a great morning of supporting local job seekers and their journey to employment.
WHW Club 259 Members gathered at the Center Club in Costa Mesa for a reception to celebrate the 1,464 job seekers they have supported since 2008 by contributing almost $380,000! Club 259 is an annual donation circle that allows donors to support the journey of a job seeker for every $259 they contribute each year. The lively group had the opportunity to mix, mingle, enjoy wine and appetizers and hear from two of the individuals who are being directly affected by their investment in the lives of local job seekers. It was a fun and inspiring evening of Empowering Employment Success! For more information or to join WHW’s Club 259, please visit: www.whw.org/club259.
WHW hosted Agency Partners at a fun mixer to welcome the New Year and to learn more about how local agencies can work together to assist job seekers in gaining and retaining good employment. Guests had the opportunity to take some fun photos, tour WHW facilities, enjoy wine, cheese and a champagne toast to a successful 2017!
- WHW’s Saturday Sale – October 2016
- WHW’s Annual Employment Breakfast – October 2016
- WHW’s Saturday Sale – July 2016
- WHW’s 6th Annual Boys2Men – June 2016
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2016
- WHW Employment and Beyond Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show – April 2016
- WHW Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon – March 2016
- WHW Hope Builders Day of Transformation – March 2016
- WHW New Year, New Connections – February 2016
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2016
- WHW Hope Builders Day of Transformation – January 2016
- WHW Value Veterans Day – November 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – November 2015
- WHW Annual Employment Breakfast – October 2015
- WHW Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – September 2015
- WHW’s Poised for Success – August 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2015
- WHW’s 5th Annual Boys2Men – June 2015
- WHW “Happy Days, I Got The Job!” Luncheon and Fashion Show – May 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – April 2015
- Walk United 2015 – April 2015
- WHW’s Smart and Sophisticated Day – March 2015
- The Magic of Volunteering at WHW – March 2015
- A Valentine’s Day to Remember – February 2015
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2015
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – January 2015
- WHW Value Veterans Day – November 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – October 2014
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2014
- WHW’s Club259 Reception – September 2014
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – September 2014
- Poised for Success – August 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2014
- Walk United 2014 – June 2014
- Suits for a Cause Lunch Reception – June 2014
- 4th Annual Boys2Men Event – May 2014
- WomanSage at WHW – May 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – May 2014
- WHW’s Mission Possible Luncheon and Fashion Show – April 2014
- Taller San Jose Day of Transformation – April 2014
- WHW Belle of the Ball Celebration Barbecue – April 2014
- WHW Mission Possible Sponsor Appreciation Luncheon – March 2014
- WHW’s Smart and Sexy Day – March 2014
- WHW’s Déjà New VIP Shopping Night – March 2014
- Belle of the Ball – March 2014
- WHW Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2014
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – January 2014
- Taller San Jose Transformation – December 2013
- WHW Staff Holiday Party – December 2013
- Agency Appreciation Affair – November 2013
- Value Veterans Day – November 2013
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – October 2013
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2013
- Taller San Jose Transformation – August 2013
- Poised for Success – July 2013
- WHW Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2013
- HB WaveCresters Annual Fundraiser featuring Déjà New Fashion Show – July 2013
- Independence Bank Barbecue Celebration – July 2013
- Boys2Men – June 2013
- Suits for a Cause Breakfast Reception – June 2013
- WHW Celebrates 20 Years Party – June 2013
- Walk United 2013 – June 2013
- Girls Inc. Day – May 2013
- Corporate Partner Cupcake and Champagne Reception – May 2013
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – April 2013
- WHW Two Martini Lunch and Fashion Show – April 2013
- Belle of the Ball – March 2013
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2013
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – February 2013
- South Coast Plaza Holiday Event in Support of WHW – December 2012
- Little Black Dress – November 2012
- Dance Central Challenge for Charity – October 2012
- WHW Employment Breakfast – October 2012
- Club259 Wine Wednesday – September 2012
- Tustin Chamber of Commerce Open House and Ribbon Cutting – August 2012
- Quarterly Saturday Sale – July 2012
- Déjà New Fashion Show – July 2012
- Independence Bank Celebration featuring WHW – July 2012
- Suits for a Cause – June 2012
- Walk United – June 2012
- Boys2Men – June 2012
- Employment Leader Awards Gala – April 2012
- Belle of the Ball – March 2012
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party – February 2012